vrijdag 16 december 2011

Cash for Johnny

Some time ago I met this girl, a sweetheart through and through.
We had a summer, sweet as spring, and boy, the time just flew.
Dreaming underneath the clear blue sky, we laughed and let the time pass by,
It seemed like we had nothing we couldn't do.

But one day the cold winds came and blew her pretty face away,
The autumn came, colder than the first winter's day.
I wrote her a letter, long and sweet, told her it's her smile I need,
Still I had so much more to say.

Then one christmas night when I lay alone, waiting for sleep.
As I thought of her, the summer passed, I was ready to weep.
But then the lights came on in my christmas tree,
I thought that there was something wrong with me,
But I dressed up right and knew the moment'd come.
And there she was, all summer and spring,
I was so happy I wish I'd sing, but with her before me,
My sorry self was struck dumb.

So we had ourselves a merry good time, we snacked on nuts and cherished good wine
And she told me this time it wouldn't end.
And when the winter was finally gone, we knew the cold times were finally done,
And now we faces spring holding eachothers hand.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten