donderdag 23 juni 2011

Ondood

Wat is dit toch een mooie tijd. Natuurlijk ga ik daarbij verantwoordelijkheden uit de weg, meh.

Hier wat gedichten.


Heart and Mind

"Eyes that sparkle like the moon on the sea,
A smile more radiant than the sun will ever be,
A grace unparalleled by the swans on the lake,
A dream from which I cannot awake.

I don’t know if it will heal,
If I tell you how I feel.
I shouldn’t bother,
But the feeling comes like waves, one after another.

Bursts of emotions and pressure and heat,
Such power I cannot defeat.
I freeze and stare,
At your face and your hair.

I could lift you up towards the stars,
Past the moon right to mars,
If I had the chance to show,
But you don’t really want to know.

Beautiful as your face might be,
It didn’t take long for me to see,
That I shouldn’t bother to try,
‘Cause you like that other guy.

It’s ok, there’s no-one to blame,
In this silly love game.
We just each go our own way,
And move on to the next day.

I don’t know if it goes well,
If we stay friends, I can’t tell.
I might sometimes long for your touch,
But we don’t meet each other that much.

When we do, you add the fuel,
To my burning heart so cruel,
And it will lose his greatest duel.
As it won’t take long,
Since my mind is way too strong.

Yet it’s hé who can’t forget,
Every breathtaking moment we met."

Ik vind deze leuk. Hier probeerde ik de strijd tussen het hart en het verstand te maken en volgens mij is dat nog best gelukt. Me gusta.

The Prince's Lament

"
I’m so madly in love with her,
She knows, and likes me too.
We were meant to be together,
But this girl is something new.

She has hair that mocks the finest silk
And lips like roses, red.
But we can’t be together,
I’ll have to wait instead.

There’s always someone evil,
Messing up our lovely tale.
There’s a mountain in the distance,
Casting a shadow in our vale.

It’s a man with a grudge
Or a jealous necromancer
They plan their diabolic schemes
While she wants to be a dancer.

Why does she always get in trouble,
When she should think twice?
Before she gets into trouble
And we have to pay the price.

Why won’t she just stay safe,
So when we meet that merry day
No witch will cast a spell on her
Or a dragon takes her away.

All we do is act pretty,
Be brave and well spoken.
No one asks us if we need help
While our hearts are broken.

Our horses are so tired,
Our comical friend is fed up.
Our father disappointed,
Will this mad tale ever stop.
But for her I’ll climb the mountain
To the very top
Girls, we're such a bloody mess,
We're in love with a Disney princess!"

Ja, ik ben een Disneykid. Opgegroeid met al die prachtige films met liedjes die ik nog makkelijk mee kan neuriën. Vol vierkant-gekaakde mannen, wonderschone vrouwen, comische hulpjes en magische figuren. Sprookjes met liefde en zorg, al is dat er al lang uit bij Disney.

Spreek jullie later wel.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten